Saturday, September 29, 2007

Car Service Scam

Last Saturday, I took my car to Sierra Honda in Monrovia for routine maintenance. They recommended to clean my car's fuel injection for another $120. A little suspicious, I took my car into Pep Boy's for a 2nd opinion. Pep Boy's told me that it doesn't need fuel injection cleaning till I reach 50,000 miles (I'm currently at ~17,400 miles).

This morning, I took my car into Perfect Auto for a 3rd opinion. They popped open my hood and showed me the fuel injection. It was clean! They said that it normally doesn't need done till 30,000 miles.

I then proceeded back to Sierra Honda and informed them of all of this. They told me that they recommend this for every Honda for every 15,000 miles. They even told me to ask other dealers.

I came home and called Honda in El Monte and West Covina. They told me it needs to be done every 45,000 miles.

Bottom line: Sierra Honda in Monrovia are such scammers! Don't go there.

No comments: