Saturday, October 18, 2008

Voting

This world is degressing rapidly. Where were the morals and standards that the US was built upon? Many people in our society are thinking what they know best instead of relying on a sole, supreme authority.

I am a values voter, which means that I am pro-life, pro-traditional marriage, and pro-anything else that is properly supported in Scripture. I hope that you find this information informative...

Please vote:
1. For John McCain/Sarah Palin as they:
- Are Pro-life
- Are for traditional marriage
- For the increase/promotion of adoption
- Believe in smaller government (the last thing we need is the anti-Christ*)
- Understand the threat of terrorism and Iran
- Want to win the war in Iraq before fully withdrawing troops
- Promise to elect conservative supreme court judges

2. Against Barack Obama/Joe Biden as they:
- Pro-choice
* Obama: the question when life begins is "above [his] pay grade"
- Obama: pro-infanticide. Check his voting records.
- Pro-traditional marriage but attended/accepted $ from a homosexual fundraiser
- Obama's questionable theology:
* mentored by Reverend Jeremiah Wright
* "obscure passage in Romans" <-- look this up
* believes that Muslims, Jews, etc can go to Heaven
- Want to pull out troops in Iraq no matter what
- Will elect liberal supreme court judges

3. For CA Proposition 8 (bringing back traditional marriage). I received a call last night from a No on 8 campaigner. I told her that I will vote Yes on 8 and that I don't want my future children to be taught about homosexuality in 1st grade. She said that I was being unfair to same-sex couples who love each other. I responded by saying that what about individuals who want to marry 2 life partners or 3 life partners? Or, those who want to marry their pets? Are we then being unfair to them? The conversation quickly ended by her. If we allow same-sex marriage, where do we draw the line?

4. For CA Proposition 4 (parental consent for an abortion). It hasn't received nearly the amount of publicity as Prop 8, but you can read Wikipedia's version to get more information.

I know that some of you reading this may disagree with me. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I am not blogging because of hate, but because I want to declare the true morals God has written in the Bible. He wants all people to come to Him, repent, and love/serve Him with all of your heart.

This world is not our home, but we need to vote.


*The belief that a large government is the solution to our problems allows for the anti-Christ to spring up. I am not claiming that Obama is the anti-Christ, but he has characteristics that show that he may be or may pave the way for him/her.

No comments: