Saturday, June 2, 2007

What is a ChowDown?

I entitled my website "The Life of a ChowDown". What does "ChowDown" mean?
  • The ignorant answer = I have no clue
  • The dictionary answer = "Chow" means food. "Down" means towards the bottom. (Towards the bottom of the food chain???)
  • The simple but yet made-up answer = Well, you see, many moons ago when I was a mere 5 years old I had to be a Chow. A "Chow" meant eating junk food, wetting my bed, playing outside, and pretending to fall asleep when my parents checked in at me at night. A "Chow" also meant learning calculus, bio-physics, and the concepts of predestination and free-will while eating my Co-Co Puffs and playing with my Legos. A tall feat to accomplish! If I didn't meet these goals, then I would be sent "Down" to the naughty chair. This "Chow" didn't want to be "Down" there. The naughty chair was custom built for me but had no place in my life. So the life of a "ChowDown" means that I (a "Chow") must avoid being "Down" on the naughty chair.
  • The true answer = "Chow" is my origins and "Down" means that I am "down with Jesus" as my Savior.

Got it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah awesome blog....i ate lucky charms instead cuz its better than coco puffs! j/k btw. do you have a myspace kuya? your crazy cousin in the oc. :]

Jules said...

Yay, now we can comment ;)